Image and video hosting by TinyPic
How did you originally get in touch with adidas?
My agent originally knew Horst Dassler, son of adidas founder, Adi Dassler. They were looking to get involved and increase their exposure in the United States as they weren’t very big in the States at the time. During that time, I was the number one player and they were looking for a particular player to represent them and my agent made the suggestion. They thought it was a great shoe and they had a shoe that Robert Hier (CHECK) had designed with Horst Dassler. I made a suggestion that the shoe they had designed was something I would like to put my name behind.


A lot of the Stan Smith’s are marked by a silhouette of yourself. Who originally created the graphic?
Well it’s a photograph. It was taken when I didn’t have a mustache which is really only a four-month period over my playing career. From age 22 till now I’ve always had a mustache.


Peep the full interview at HypeBeast

0 comments:

Post a Comment